Built in 1715, the Arcada is located in Square of the Republic, where part of the city's castle wall used to be.
In this place, several of the city's merchants have sold their products, thanks to the space offered.
Due to the growing devotion of the locals to “Nossa Senhora da Lapa”, in the years between 1761 and 1764, the Lapa church was built in the middle of the arcade.
Under the arcade are currently two historic cafés in Braga, being Café Vianna, opened in 1871 and Café Astória opened in 1928, with a privileged view of the square.
Located a few minutes walking from the Historic Centre of the city, Braga's Youth Centre is a multipurpose space that offers versatile and confortable accommodations, suitable for every age group.